Point and Figure Setup
Point and Figure charts are used to identify support levels, resistance levels and chart patterns. Point & Figure ignores the time factor and concentrates solely on movements in price: a column of X’s or O’s may take one day or several weeks to complete.
To view Point and Figure charts:
- Click on the toolbar; or
- Click View >> Point And Figure on the main menu.
The default Point & Figure setting is:
If you set up other Point & Figure styles, you can select these from:
- the drop-down box next to the Point & Figure icon or
- View >> Point & Figure on the main menu.
Active or Reactive?
Many investors follow active strategies but end up being reactive, rotating in and out of stocks at the wrong time.
Colin Twiggs' free weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
- Open the Indicator Panel - Select Indicators on the main menu
- Select Point and Figure in the left column of the Indicator
- Adjust the Reversal amount in the center of the Indicator Panel
- Adjust the Box size
- Select a price option: High/Low, Closing Price or Typical Price
- Save your selection in the right column
- Close the Indicator Panel
- Select Logarithmic scale On/Off on the toolbar or under View on the main menu.