Moving Average Systems
- Two Moving AveragesFast and slow moving averages provide a powerful measure of trend strength and direction.
- Three Moving AveragesA more sophisticated MA system that uses a third moving average to identify ranging markets.
- Multiple Moving AveragesDaryl Guppy introduced multiple moving averages to measure trends and identify likely reversals. The indicator compares multiple short-term and long-term exponential moving averages.
- Rainbow 3D Moving AveragesIvan Ballin's colorful variation of Daryl Guppy's Multiple Moving Averages.
- Price EnvelopeSometimes referred to as Percentage Bands, Price Envelopes are plotted at a set percentage above and below a moving average.
- Keltner ChannelsLinda Bradford Raschke popularized Keltner bands, plotted at an ATR multiple around an exponential MA, to filter trend entries.
- Ichimoku CloudIchimoku Cloud is a complete trend trading system, combining leading and lagging averages with traditional candlestick charts.
- Two Moving Averages
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of macro-economic and technical indicators will help you identify market risk & improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.