Jack Schwager covers spikes in his book, Technical Analysis.
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.
A Spike High is identified by:
- a High sharply above the days on either side,
- a Close near the day's Low, and
- a strong preceding rally.
The more extreme each of these conditions are, the greater the likelihood of a reversal.
A Spike Low has:
- a Low sharply below the days on either side,
- a Close near the Day's High
- and must be preceded by a strong decline.