D ~ L
- Detrended Price OscillatorThe Detrended Price Oscillator isolates the short cycle, providing powerful trend signals on divergences.
- Directional MovementWelles Wilder's Directional Movement is one of few indicators that not only provides trend signals but indicates whether a trend is suitable to trade.
- Displaced Moving AverageDisplaced Moving Averages are useful for trend-following purposes, reducing the number of whipsaws compared to an equivalent Exponential or Simple Moving Average.
- Donchian ChannelsRichard Donchian's Channels are used in a number of trading systems to identify entry and exit points in trends.
- Ease of MovementRichard W Arms' powerful Ease of Movement indicator highlights the relationship between volume and price changes; useful for assessing the strength of a trend.
- Elder Ray IndexDeveloped by Dr Alexander Elder, the Elder-Ray indicator measures buying and selling pressure in the market and is often used as part of the Triple Screen trading system.
- Equivolume ChartsThe greatest advance in the last decade, equivolume exposes price and volume interaction.
- Exponential Moving AverageExponential moving averages are more sophisticated than simple moving averages and do not suffer from the same distortions.
- Fibonacci ExtensionsProject Fibonacci extension levels from a present trend.
- Fibonacci RetracementsProject Fibonacci retracement levels from an existing trend.
- Force IndexDeveloped by Dr Alexander Elder, the Force index combines price movements and volume to measure the strength of bulls and bears in the market.
- Heikin-Ashi CandlesticksHeikin Ashi candlesticks filter out market noise from the traditional Japanese candlestick chart and highlight trend and/or consolidation patterns
- Ichimoku CloudIchimoku Cloud is a complete trend trading system, combining leading and lagging averages with traditional candlestick charts.
- Keltner ChannelsLinda Bradford Raschke popularized Keltner bands, plotted at an ATR multiple around an exponential MA, to filter trend entries.
- KST IndicatorMartin Pring's KST Indicator identifies major trend changes when KST crosses its signal line.
- Linear RegressionLinear regression fits a straight line to the selected data using a method called the Sum Of Least Squares.
- Linear Regression IndicatorThe Linear Regression Indicator is used for trend identification and trend following in a similar fashion to moving averages, but reacts faster than an MA to trend changes.
- Hull Moving AverageAlan Hull developed Hull Moving Average in 2005 in his quest to create a moving average that is "responsive to current price activity while maintaining curve smoothness". Hull claims that his moving average "almost eliminates lag altogether and manages to improve smoothing at the same time".
- Inverted AxisYou can invert the vertical price axis, to descending order, from the View menu.
- Detrended Price Oscillator
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of global markets will help you identify market risk & improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.