- ATR BandsAverage True Range (ATR) Bands are used to signal exits in a similar fashion to ATR Trailing stops, but without the stop-and-reverse (SAR) of trailing stops.
- ATR Trailing StopsATR Trailing Stops are primarily used to protect capital and lock in profits on individual trades but they can also be used, in conjunction with a trend filter, to signal entries.
- Chandelier ExitsChuck LeBeau's Chandelier Exits are primarily used as a stop loss mechanism to time exits from a trending market.
- Ichimoku CloudIchimoku Cloud is a complete trend trading system, combining leading and lagging averages with traditional candlestick charts.
- Parabolic SARDeveloped by J. Welles Wilder, the Parabolic SAR indicator provides excellent short/medium-term entry and exit points in trending markets.
- Percentage Trailing StopsPercentage Trailing Stops are a simple but effective method for locking in profits
- Safezone IndicatorAlexander Elder's Safezone Stops use Directional Movement to signal exits from a trend.
- Volatility StopsWelles Wilder's original Volatility Stops uses Average True Range in a trend-following system.
- ATR Bands
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of macro-economic and technical indicators will help you identify market risk & improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.